Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Cry Unto God

I have found that this age is an age of distraction and heaviness.  It is so easy to become distracted and to leave off at completing those objectives that were our intentions to do.  It is within ministry that this lack of focus can become so devastating because we forget that ministry firstly belongs to God and that ministry was ordained of God for a specific purpose.

As time progresses the people of God become more and more worn and many have a sense of devastion in their lives because of failure, disappointments, betrayal and just the pressures of life.  As I watch I see God revealing Himselves to men with amazing illuminations of scientific facts and discoveries that any sane mind would be compelled to admit the awesomeness of God and yet men for fear of losing their self imposed deity continue to reject the only true hope for this world, God.  It is not so much the attitudes of the world that concern me so much as do the attitutdes in the church.  The body of believers have somehow come to a place in their lives where behavior and simple niceties have been forgotten and in many cases replaced by loathsome and injurious statements.  I myself have been the object of this attitude often times and rejoice because of the grace that has come to me by being called of God.  But I often wonder if statements were hurled at others that were projected at me could a broken or wounded person survive?

I have seen Christians from many walks of life be transformed by this age and by the continual battles and storms of life into something that reseambles nothing like Christ.  My fear (and I know that we should not fear) so I will say my contemplations are for those who are coming behind us.  What will we as leaders leave for the next wave of "The Called"?  If Jesus should tarry how will they navigate through the maze of confusion and disarray that has been set before them.  How will they orchestrate and with what type of decorum will they walk when they have seen pastors and bishops so filled with hatred, bitterness and wanton disregard for the heart of God and His people.

My Cry unto God is that I wish I understood sooner,  I wish I had a stronger mentor in my youth and I wish I had not failed you in so many simple ways.  But because I have I cry out asking, "Keep my heart and my mind that I might be filled with light and love doing all that I can to build the Kingdom for the rest of the days of my life.  And let me pave the way for your young soldiers that are to come.  Let me prepare them that they may be successful and achieve even greater things that I have strove to do.

Save that which should be saved.  Even so Lord Jesus Come!

+ Bishop Dr. Derrick A. Reeves

No comments: